Thursday, July 30, 2009

concerts schmoncerts.


I find concerts very amusing. Though I have only been to two, I have found, funny things about the whole shindig. 

For those 3 of you out there that read my blog, you know I went to see Coldplay last week. Last night I went and saw The Fray, with my boyfriend and my parents. Total last minute random thing. Anyways, last night is when I discovered most of these wonderful findings about concerts.

For one, you aallwayys have those drunk people around you. Or, that drunk lady standing behind you the whole show yelling, and almost crying, while her husband is sitting on the ground shaking his head. Really, it was the funniest thing ever. Her voice was just, trashed and she's screaming, "THE FRAY" the whole time. And while they would talk to the audience, she would scream, "JUST SING ALREADY! Ohhhhhh I cant take this!!" And of course she makes friends with the other drunks next to her..We couldn't help but laugh. 

It's always fun when you "make friends" with the people you're sitting around. Totally cool.

Yes, sometimes you will get immature boys pointing a laser at everyone during the whole entire show. But in the end you get them to take a picture of your group "since they were doing that all night"

Of course, the lovely smell of marijuana allll night. ha. I only got it once last night but at Coldplay it was pretty much all night...I will admit though I'd rather smell that than cigarette smoke.

The hours of waiting and sitting in the parking lot to leave, only to find out you could have made it out much faster if you just went to the other side.

People, or girls, dancing, to music that isn't even really, "danceable" to. Just hilarious to watch.


Needless to say I mostly encountered this last night at the Fray, and all of this really basically is about last night's adventure. After we finally got out of there(12:20), we went to 7eleven and got slurpees and candy bars. The Fray did a really good job, I will admit they were awesome. I just had an awesome time with the people I was with, rather than being worried about watching the show..




3 comments:

Cece said...

I am proud to say I am one of the three! haha

I haven't been to a concert since I was supposed to return Jon Foreman's Bible

blythe said...

aww double date with the parentals! so cute! did they ride in the back of frankie's car?

also, i love your rant about concerts, since i have many similar complaints. ha.

Carrie Allen said...

you found maaaaaay, you found maaaaaay