Thursday, November 20, 2008

this ones for you dad.

We hardly talk anymore. We rarely see each other. When we do see each other, were not talking. If we are talking, it lasts for about 20 minutes. Not always, but some of the time.
Although I will say when we do talk, its good.

We use to be so close. SO much alike. Do everything together. I remember when I wanted to be just like you.

I think that, as I've grown older, we've grown more apart..and its sad. It shouldnt be that way.
i miss, going to the movies, just us, allll the time.
i miss, reading each others mind while playing catch phrase.
i miss, playing handball on the garage door.
i miss, just goofing off.
i miss, our little jokes we had together.
i miss, helping you pick out clothes, because you didnt know if they matched.
i miss, texting each other while in the same room, to keep secrets from the other people.
i miss, speaking double talk..no one could understand us.
i miss, staying up until 2 in the morning laughing on a school night.
i miss, going to grandmas.
i miss, when it was just me and you.
i miss, wrestling with you.
i miss, when we would go get lunch, or dinner together.
i miss, you teaching me how to ride a bike.
i miss, you teaching me how to dive.
i miss, making fun of the dumbest things.
i miss, us being the only ones to get into the water at the beach.
i miss, going into random stores we've never heard of before, just because.
i miss, all the laughs we had.
i miss, you.

Daddy's little girl.
I wish I could say that's how it is, but thats how it used to be. I wish things were like the old times. I wish things were, how they're supposed to be..But they're not.


I love you dad.

5 comments:

blythe said...

are you going to send him the link to read this?

i think you should...

Simone Knepper said...

agreed. with blythe.

Frank Morgan said...

so saaad

Cece said...

this is so sad, I do hope he reads this

Justin said...

Danielle!!!!!
I miss you! I can't believe 2009 is year 18 for you. Are we friends on Facebook? If not, we should be.
You have become quite the writer. You probably don't know this, but I've had articles published in national health magazines, Christian men's magazines, and I used to be a sportswriter for a major newspaper. I have two books coming out, "A Peculiar People" and "Well Done." So, I know writing and you're good. Trust me.
This blog hit home for me in a big way. I have a four-year old, son (Noah) and a two-year old daughter (Hannah). The kind of closeness you described with your father is what I am striving to establish with my own kids. So far, so good. I pray that God would help us to never waver in our love and daily communication with each other - that we would be among the rare few that can honestly say they have a special bond that has never been broken and that Christ is at the center of our relationship. It is only through God that a true understanding of real love can be firmly established.
This is my prayer for me and my kids, as well as for you and your dad.
Hope to see you soon, kiddo. Much love and God Bless!
In Jesus,
justin
Acts 20:24