Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2 years late.

Normal teenagers get their license at age 16, some not long after that. Me on the other hand, I just got mine, exactly 3 weeks before my 18th birthday.
Quite ridiculous, trust me I know.

I used my boyfriends Toyota Corolla (which I veryy much appreciated, because he had to wake up earlier than he normally had to), because I was much more comfortable using a smaller car to take a test in, than a big astro van or truck. My appointment was at 8:40am, we got threre at exactly 8:40. We planned on getting there early, but, things happen and we just got there on time. It took about 45 minutes to get up to the front of the line, then, another 20 minutes waiting in the car. I wasn't nervous at first, not even while I was in the car waiting for the instructor to come out. Finally a girl walks out and glances at the car, and comes over and introduces herself.I sadly dont remember her name, and I am actually very disappointed I don't. I just remember I was so happy I got a woman instructor, and that she was a very nice lady.

She asks me to turn on my blinkers, step on the brake, honk the horn...all that good stuff. She gets in the car and tells me to start it, that is where I started to get a tad bit nervous. Not too much though.

The thing that killed me was when you could hear her write everything down. Little notes here and there, circling things. That noise, in this silent car, was just unbearable. I just wanted to know so badly what she was writing, or how I was doing, and what she was thinking.
Its not even a big deal, driving that is. It's the whole, your taking a test, and getting graded on this, and if you make too many mistakes you wont get your license..horrible feeling.

15 minutes later I pull back into the DMV parking lot, I park the car and turn it off. She tells me I did a very nice job and that, I passed.

I PASSED
I was so, entirely, stoaked. I had the biggest smile on my face. I had finally gotten my license.

Now, my next step...working on getting my own car.

5 comments:

Frank Morgan said...

good job baby. how could you NOT pass, when you're caROLLIN!

blythe said...

yayyyyyy! thats so cool that frankie let you use his car too! :]

Simone Knepper said...

well done! best feeling in the world.

Carrie Allen said...

woo hoo!

Sarah said...

wooot wooot
Congrats!