Wednesday, January 14, 2009

winner winner chicken dinner.

All my life I grew up eating dinner with my family at the dinner table. Of course with the exception of random nights of mom not making dinner and us kids fending for ourselves. Lately I have just absolutely loved dinner time. Not only because I love food so much, and because im always excited to eat my mothers delicous meals, but because of the conversation we have. My family I tell you is just unbeliveable. I swear, I thought that our everyday conversation was bad, but then I sit at the dinner table at the end of the night. (mind you I have two teenage brothers). Everybody just tells stories about their day:Me and my ridiculous stories from work, or school. My brothers and their talk about their day, and constant complaints about the neighborhood children. Steve and his day at work. Abbie and soccer. My mom and Aidan. Any stories, about anything.
We usually talk about my brothers' famous "what if" questions, which usually last foreverr. The list goes on and on. They are always the most insane questions.

Example: "mom, what if God told you Aidan was going to be a murderer when he grew up, would you kill him?"

"what if God told you to kill aidan would you? you have to obey God right?"
or
"hey dad if you saw the guys across the street beating up danielle would you go get your gun and shoot them?"

and those aren't just at dinner, they are everyday.

Of course, whats dinner time without a little arguing right? An argument usually always breaks out, even if it lasts 10 seconds. It could be about anything, the smallest slightest thing. About something that just happened, like someone not passing the milk fast enough, or somebody making a certain noise. Or something that had happened earlier that day. But we all usually bounce back.
Of course, like I said before, with two teenage brothers, boys body parts are aaalwayys talked about. Throughout the entire dinner actually. Like i said, my family is unbelievable.

Its just totally cool to sit down with your family and just talk. We all at times end up in the living room and talk, and of course you can sit down whenever you want and have a talk with your family, but, dinner time is different. And I have grown to love it. Its a time where you spend some quality time with your family, talk about your day, talk about whats going on in your life. I love my family so much, they're totally awesome, and I definately plan on having quality dinner time when I have a family of my own. :)


oh, im not done yet.

Then comes the clean up part. We all have our seperate jobs:
Myself-dishes, clean countertop
Stephen-clear table, put food away, sweep the floor
Ryan-clear table, put food away, wipe down the table
Abbie-pretend she's still eating so she doesnt have to help with anything.

The clean up usually goes either two ways:
  1. We all love each other and get along
  2. We all fight about everything and want to murder each other

If its the first choice, one of my favorites is us all (myself, stephen, and ryan) singing a song in ridiculous sounding voices. Taking turns singing each line. The best is when its an outrageous song, one that we all ask ourselves, "why the heck do we know the words to this??" Like the disney channel orignal series, Kim Possible. That was a few nights ago, as im washing dishes, stephen is sweeping, and ryan is clearing the table, we sang, "call me beep me if you want to reach me if you want to page me its ok. where eever you need me baby call me beep me if you want to reach me." Yeah, its a great site. Or we will just make fun of someone, or something, and all laugh about it. Very Godly, I know..

If its the second choice, you wouldnt want to be in the kitchen with us. Ryan is usually not doing his job, or just taking his sweet precious time, so I get mad at him, becuase I have to wait for the dishes which he is supposed to bring to me, which means I am stuck in the kitchen by myslef, which I usually am anyways. Which is sometimes nice because thats actually where I do a lot of my thinking, but ANYWAYS...So since I get mad at him he gets mad at me. We yell and bicker at each other and then make comments. Stephen, he either 1)gets mad at ryan also. or 2)tries to calm the peace between the both of us. That makes ryan even more mad, and it all just ends in one big fiasco.

I love it.

5 comments:

Frank Morgan said...

hahaha Abbie pretending to eat. Soo good.
Family diners are so funn.
i think I fit pretty well with your family. you know, with the what if questions and all. haha

danielle marie. said...

"frankie what if you found out danielle was a man would you still love her??"

blythe said...

hahah

abbie.

and those freaking what if Q's....so much death.

Simone Knepper said...

i hope the neighborhood kids don't read this!

Cece said...

Thats so intense. I love the what if questions. hahah